Re: Any Monitoring Tools for Postgres?

От Tim Ellis
Тема Re: Any Monitoring Tools for Postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> > Apart from Chapter 10/11 of the Docs and writing scripts, does anyone
> > know of any tools for 'real-time' monitoring of 7.3.2 DBs.

I've been pretty happy with DBVisualizer from Minq software. The free
version of their app runs on Linux & Windows (and whatever else has a
Java runtime environment), and you can write queries that it will submit
every X seconds (you define X) such as, say, disk accesses, connections,
etc.

It doesn't graph the results, which is a bummer, but for instantaneous
monitoring, it's extremely useful.

The pay version does a lot more, but honestly, I couldn't say what more
it does, since no company I've worked for has had the stellar budget
required to pay the $80 for a client license. [/bitter sarcasm]

--
Tim Ellis
Senior Database Architect and author, tedia2sql (http://tedia2sql.tigris.org)