Re: Limiting database size ...

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Limiting database size ...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 06:49, Daniel Rubio wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm working on an ISP, and we're testing Postgres to offer Database
> Services to our clients.
>
> We like to limit the maximum database size for each client (1 database
> for client), but as far as I know postgres hasn't this functionality.
>
> I've also tried to limit this size using system quotas but it doesn't
> work because to control this space I need that the files of the database
> (those under the data/base/xxx) owns to the user ant then postgres
> doesn't recognise them (I'm also afraid because i don't know what could
> happen to the database consistence if the operating system doesn't
> permit to complete an operation in course).
>
> Someone has the same problem?
> How can I make that?
> What would happen to the consistence if the quota is full while postgres
> is writing?

Would it be feasible for you to install a copy of postgresql for each
user, as that user? This might allow you to set up a quota per user.
Should they run out of space, postgresql will just start throwing errors
with references to no space left on the device (the specific errors will
be dependent on what your trying to do).

Robert Treat