Re: pg_restore fails when restoring a database view

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: pg_restore fails when restoring a database view
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Your problem is that the dump file doesn't specify the column name for
the view. When you go to restore it, having no names to reference, it
gives both columns the name ?column?, which errors out. This is fixed in
7.3 if you use the tar format (though oddly you'll get a different error
with plain text dumps). If you can't upgrade, you can rewrite the view
to use alias's in the select:

CREATE VIEW "V_EDUCATION_LEVEL" AS
SELECT 1 AS id, 'College or above' AS description
UNION
SELECT 2 AS id, 'Secondary' AS description;

Robert Treat