Re: postgres 9.0.4, pg_restore and indexes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postgres 9.0.4, pg_restore and indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Greg Williamson <gwilliamson39@yahoo.com> writes:
> What I am I missing ? Or is pg_restore just not capable of restoring the full definition of a table ?

There isn't any provision for doing that automatically; it would be a
bit tough to determine exactly what the "full definition" consists of
in a way that makes everybody happy.  (For instance, how about tables
that are targets of foreign key references?  Functions that are depended
on by check constraints or indexes?  And so on.)

What you can do is use the --list option to get a list of all the
objects in the dump, edit that down to what you want, then use the
--use-list option to restore the stuff in your abbreviated list.