Re: Help me to solve this problem!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Help me to solve this problem!
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> writes:
> sam rab wrote:
>> I tried to install postgresql  8.3.7 on Linux RedHat 7.2 platform.
>> [and got]
>> /usr/bin/ld:exports.list:1: parse error in VERSION script

> Your toolchain is just TOO OLD.

Yes.  You could probably work around this particular issue by removing
the linux-specific portion of src/interfaces/libpq/Makefile, but there
are likely to be more problems.  You'd be *far* better off to spend your
time on moving to a platform that's not so obsolete.  (If memory serves,
7.2 was the latest and greatest when I joined Red Hat ... in 2001.)