Re: Postgres config file: autocommit = off

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres config file: autocommit = off
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> In thinking about it, I don't see how we can ignore .psqlrc if it has
> autocommit set to off.  Imagine I am in psql and I do '\i file', and it
> works, so I code up psql -c in a script, and it doesn't work --- would
> be quite strange.

What's your point?  "psql -c '\i file'" doesn't work either.

Surely you don't want to have to put back all those SET AUTOCOMMITs again.
Yeah, it's a bit warty, but psql -c is inherently different from a psql
script.  IMHO it's not reasonable to make (shell) scripts using psql -c
have to explicitly state the obvious, which is that they'd like their
command committed.