Re: [Re: JDBC compliance]

От Abel Muiño
Тема Re: [Re: JDBC compliance]
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
El mié, 08-01-2003 a las 17:08, Barry Lind escribió:

> In 7.1 and earlier only the LargeObject way of doing things was
> supported.  In 7.2 the bytea way was added.  But unfortunately this has
> left the driver in a bit of a confused state as you point out.
    In my opinion, setBinaryStream should work on the same data type as
get/setBlob (even when the database doesn't properly support those),
because it is the only standard (i.e. without database specific code)
way of creating BLOBs. As far as I know, bytea columns can be read and
set with get/setBytes.

> If you haven't done so, I would strongly suggest reading the above
> mentioned documentation.
    I've read that, but unfortunately, I need to work with old code (i.e.
use BLOBs/CLOBs) so I can't switch to setBytes/getBytes and I need to
create BLOBs/CLOBs in a standard-JDBC way (so can't use largeobjects
API).

    By now, I'll stick to the 7.1 compatibility mode with database rules
for deleting the large objects when deleting the row.

    Thanks for your help
--
Abel Muiño Vizcaino

От: Barry Lind
Сообщение: Re: JDBC driver reports column size of -1 !?
От: Abel Muiño
Сообщение: Deletion of Large Objects (was Re: [Re: JDBC compliance])