Re: Virus Emails

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Virus Emails
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I seem to be getting virus emails that pretend to be one of your guys.  eg.
> I get them from T.Ishii and N.Conway, etc.  Anyone out there on the list who
> should perhaps scan their computer? :)

One of the nastier aspects of the Klez virus is that it searches
accessible files and webpages for email addresses.  It doesn't just spam
all the addresses it can find --- it spams each address with a false
"From:" that's a found-nearby address.  So mail-list archives are a
gold mine for it: it can spam you with a false "From:" that you will
probably recognize.

However, even a trivial look at the detail mail headers (Received: etc)
will convince you that the spam did not originate from the claimed
"From:" address.  If you care to post a few sets of complete headers,
we can probably triangulate pretty quickly on the virus-infected loser
who's originating these messages.