Re: Vacuum meaning

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Vacuum meaning
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The purpose of a regular aka "lazy" vacuum is to mark dead tuples
generated from updates and deletions as reusable by future inserts and
updates. It doesn't recover any disk space, but allows currently wasted
space to be reused. "Full" vacuums, otoh, serve the purpose of
reclaiming unused space.

You're attachments of vacuum output don't seem right to me, as the 6:00
output had no user defined tables in it, only system tables.

However, based on your 4:00 output, I'd say you need to start doing more
frequent lazy vacuums on user_logs_digest and user_traffic. Try and
determine how long it takes for 15% of those tables to be updated or
delete/insert and then set a cron task to do a lazy vacuum analyze at
that frequency. (This is in additional to regular vacuuming on the rest
of the database)

It's possible your suffering index bloat as well and you might need to
do some regular reindexing, but I'd try the above first and see if it
helps.

Robert Treat