Re: max_fsm_pages Sanity Check

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: max_fsm_pages Sanity Check
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 09:44, Robert Treat wrote:
> relations determines
> the total number of "objects" the database is willing to pay attention
> to.  The default is set to 100, which means if you have more than 100
> tables/indicies in your database, vacuum might ignore some tables that
> are being updated. Theres no rule on how it picks which tables it pays
> attention to (my guess is that its a first come first served thing, but
> thats just a guess) but given that there are around 90 system "objects"
> it's not hard to imagine that some things get left behind. You probably
> need this set to at least 610, though fwiw the default on this was
> recently bumped up to 1000 for future versions.

Just to correct myself, the entries used in max_fsm_relations are tables
and toast (not indexes) , of which there are 37 system tables taking up
FSM entries. You can get a more accurate count of your need by doing
select count(*) from pg_class where relkind in ('r','t'); in each
database in your cluster.

Robert Treat