Re: psql:relocation error:psql:unfefined symbol: PQgetssl

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: psql:relocation error:psql:unfefined symbol: PQgetssl
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 13:22, Roberto Carrer wrote:

> I have installed version 7.3 on a Linux Red Hat 8.0 machine
> I've used the configure script with the 2 options: --with-CXX --enable-odbc
>  I have the database running correctly in the foreground with the command:
>     ./postmaster -D /datapath
> but if I run it in the backgroud with the command:
>     ./pg_ctl -D /datapath -l /tmp/pgsql.log start
> the postmaster is running correctly and I can create a testdb database
> but when I try to connect to it with the command:
>     psql testdb
> I get the message:
>     psql:relocation error:psql:unfefined symbol: PQgetssl
> and psql exits.

You haven't configured it to use ssl, but your psql seems to want it, so
it seems likely that you have a psql from some other source that is
using the libpq library you have just built and is not finding the
symbols that it wants.

Check which version of psql is being run (`which psql' or `type psql' or
`whereis psql').  Make sure your own version is found in the search path
before any other version.

     "I love them that love me; and those that seek me early
      shall find me."                Proverbs 8:17