Re: Kerberos support interfering with normal access?

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Kerberos support interfering with normal access?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 09:57, Greg Stark wrote:
> The Debian postgres package is compiled with Kerberos support enabled. This
> seems to be causing problems even though I don't have postgres configured to
> make use of this support. In fact even with postgres configured to
> automatically trust any connection without any authentication it's still
> causing a problem.
>
> The source of the confusion seems to be that my kerberos principle doesn't
> actually match my unix username. I'm not sure why this should cause confusion
> since even if it wanted to authenticate me as "gsstark" it should still let me
> log in.
>
> Or have I not diagnosed the problem right? I don't understand why it's still
> calling it "IDENT authentication" when it has to either be "trust"
> authentication or "kerberos" authentication.

The pg_hba.conf you list doesn't have any authentication method but
"trust".

Have you let the postmaster reread the configuration since you changed
it?  ("pg_ctl reload" or "/etc/init.d/postgresql reload")

     "Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth;
      a stranger, and not thine own lips."
                                   Proverbs 27:2