Re: Postgres tcp_keepalive_xxxx parameters.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres tcp_keepalive_xxxx parameters.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
jlrando <jose.luis.rando.calvo@ericsson.com> writes:
> We have an issue with postgres clients tha are being disconnected from
> database server after some time. Client is a web application which creates a
> pool of connections. Since client and server are on different VLANS I think
> the problem is that the FW which is routing traffic is droping idle
> connections after some time.

Probably.  It might be asymmetric; have you tried enabling keepalives
from the client end, rather than the server?  If using libpq, you can
set keepalive parameters in the connection string:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/libpq-connect.html#LIBPQ-PARAMKEYWORDS

If that doesn't fix it, you might want to get out Wireshark or a similar
tool and verify that keepalive packets are actually getting sent.