Re: PQnotifies() in 7.3 broken?

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: PQnotifies() in 7.3 broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 05:34, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > > OK, so what do we do with 7.3.1.  Increment major or minor?
> >
> > Major.  I thought you did it already?
>
> I did only minor, which I knew was safe.  Do folks realize this will
> require recompile of applications by 7.3 users moving to 7.3.1?  That
> seems very drastic, and there have been very few problem reports about
> the NOTIFY change.

If the ABI is different, they need to recompile but don't have any
indication of it.  This is bad.

If the major number changes, they can keep the old library around for
the benefits of applications that have not yet been recompiled, while
newly compiled applications can use the new library

So please change it.

========================================   "For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD; thou art my trust      from my youth."
          Psalms 71:5