Re: Catalogs Doc update

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: Catalogs Doc update
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 00:19, Tom Lane wrote:
> Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca> writes:
> > - Mention that pg_database, pg_shadow, and pg_group are global, and the
> > rest are local to the specific DB. (I believe this is correct).
>
> This is already stated in the descriptions of those individual catalogs.
> I don't see the point of saying it redundantly elsewhere; that just adds
> another thing to have to maintain if we ever add more global catalogs.

How about the below then?  I've been asked by a couple of MSSQL experts
why they couldn't see all databases contents in the system catalogs.
There was also a docnote about this, so I think it's worth mentioning
they're local.

'Most of the system catalogs are copied during database creation from
the template database, as such are database specific.  Exceptions are
mentioned in the description of the individual catalog.'

--
  Rod Taylor

Вложения