Re: install problem

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: install problem
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wed, 2002-09-25 at 07:16, sol wrote:
> I've just been trying to install Postgresql 7.2.2 on Debian Sid/Unstable
> and have been repeatedly failed to do so.

You need to see in more detail what the install script is doing and
where the failure is.

Add "set -x" as the second line of
/var/lib/dpkg/info/postgresql.postinst and then do "dpkg --configure
postgresql".  It should then be a lot easier to see which command in the
install script is causing the problem.

Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
     "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall
      tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine,
      or nakedness, or peril, or sword?...But in all these
      things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved
      us."               Romans 8:35,37