Re: [GENERAL] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 03:42, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> Andrew Sullivan wrote:
>
> >On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 09:21:07AM -0500, Greg Copeland wrote:
> >
> >>I'm actually amazed that postgres isn't already using large file
> >>support.  Especially for tools like dump.
> >>

> >Except it would only cause confusion if you ran such a program on a
> >system that didn't itself have largefile support.  Better to make the
> >admin turn all these things on on purpose, until everyone is running
> >64 bit systems everywhere.

> Ah yes ... extremely good point - I had not considered that.
>
> I am pretty sure all reasonably current (kernel >= 2.4) Linux distros
> support largefile out of the box - so it should be safe for them.
>
> Other operating systems where 64 bit file access can be disabled or
> unconfigured require more care - possibly  (sigh) 2 binary RPMS with a
> distinctive 32 and 64 bit label ...(I think the "big O" does this for
> Solaris).
Then, of course, there are systems where Largefiles support is a
filesystem by filesystem  (read mountpoint by mountpoint) option (E.G.
OpenUNIX).

I think this is going to be a pandoras box.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/tcop/postgres.cbacke
От: Rod Taylor
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src