postgres 7.2.1 and PAM

От James West
Тема postgres 7.2.1 and PAM
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm having some trouble getting pam to work with postgres.

I've just tried to get to work from a system account...

/etc/pam.d/postgresql looks like:

auth     required       /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so
account  required       /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so

pg_hba.conf looks like

local      all                                pam postgresql
host       all         0.0.0.0     0.0.0.0    pam postgresql

But, all I get when I try to connect is:

FATAL 1:  PAM authentication failed for user "postgres"

The server chucks this out whilst trying to connect with the client...

CheckPAMAuth: pam_acct_mgmt failed: 'Conversation Error'
FATAL 1:  PAM authentication failed for user "postgres"
DEBUG pq_flush(): send() failed:Broken pipe
CheckPAMAuth: pam_acct_mgmt failed: 'Authentication failure'
FATAL 1:  PAM authentication failed for user "postgres"

Does anyone know what I've done wrong?

Thanks.

James West
westj@sunnydaleschool.co.uk