What to do about a vacuum...

От Robert M. Meyer
Тема What to do about a vacuum...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
IN my infinite wisdom, in an effort to resolve my performance problems,
I started a full vacuum of my database last night around 4:00AM.  It's
still running at 9;20AM and it has all of the tables locked.  Is it safe
to cancel the query from inside pgmonitor?  I've pretty much determined
that ripping the thread out by the roots is a bad thing.

This goes back to my earlier thread about postgres performance slowly
getting worse.  I made the assumption that we were doing full vacuums
knew for sure.  I checked the script yesterday and found that the '-f'
flag was not turned on...so I turned it on.

It has gotten to the part where it pegs the CPU (99.9% of one cpu) and
it's been there for a while.  So far, it's rung up 3:13 of CPU time
since it started.

Can I cancel the query and what will that do to me?

Thanks...

Cheers!

Bob

--