Re: O'Reilly Open Source Convention Report

От Rob Brown-Bayliss
Тема Re: O'Reilly Open Source Convention Report
Дата
Re: O'Reilly Open Source Convention Report  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 14:17, Tom Lane wrote:

> We did well I thought, though it still seemed that MySQL had a larger
> presence at the conference than PG.  Maybe next year ;-)

Without flames whats the story there?  For example I read an interviwew
this week (on the web, cant recall where) where an guy from SUN briefly
mentioned putting MySQL up Oracle, in the context of providing a
complete package...

Wouldn't PostgreSQL be a better contender due to the more advanced
features (assuming Mysql has not caught up)

My basic understanding was MySQL was being pushed for speed rather than
features, whilst PostgreSQL was more feature rich and robust...

Any calm and reasond answeres?

--

*
*  Rob Brown-Bayliss