Re: Postgres and Perl: Which DBI module?

От Arguile
Тема Re: Postgres and Perl: Which DBI module?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 10:43, Phil Dobbin wrote:
> That makes sense :-) I followed the example in the O'Reilly book (pp.25)
> and it didn't look right. This does, however.

For future reference: IIRC the instruction in that book are for
installing the Pg module, which is a low level wrapper to libpq and NOT
a DBI module.

If you're wondering what it has over DBI... just a more verbose and
closer to libpq syntax. Unlike some low level drivers I don't think this
one gives any finer control than you can get with the DBD:Pg one (it's a
wrapper for libpq as well). I'd personally suggest DBI for the
consistant interface across DBMSs.