Re: PG 9.0 and standard_conforming_strings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PG 9.0 and standard_conforming_strings
Дата
Re: PG 9.0 and standard_conforming_strings  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: PG 9.0 and standard_conforming_strings  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> With the release of Postgres 9.0, should we consider changing the
> default for 'standard_conforming_strings'?

I'm inclined to think we're going to have enough problems without that.
Changing that default will break, approximately speaking, every single
Postgres client app.  Do you really think more than epsilon of them
are clean and ready for such a change?