Re: Postgres performance slowly gets worse over a month

От Robert M. Meyer
Тема Re: Postgres performance slowly gets worse over a month
Дата
Re: Postgres performance slowly gets worse over a month  ("Chad R. Larson" <clarson@eldocomp.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Well, we're running a hardware, three disk RAID5, on an
sym53c896-0-<2,*>: FAST-20 WIDE SCSI 40.0 MB/s interface.  This is a
Compaq 3500 system with a CR3500 raid controller.  An md5sum of a 1.2Gig
file takes less than two minutes.

We tried rebuilding the indices but that didn't seem to help.  We had an
outside consultant do the rebuild and he's not available now so I don't
know what command he ran to do it.

I've never used 'sar'.  If you can believe it, I've been poking around
with Unix for the last 20 years and I've never even seen the 'man' page
for 'sar'.  I probably should look into it.  What flags would give me
the most information to help figger out what's going on here?

Of course the troubleshooting increment is going to be a month or more
so this will probably take some time to resolve :-)

Cheers!

Bob

--
Robert M. Meyer