Re: Corrupted Database

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Corrupted Database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sat, 2002-07-13 at 12:51, Martin Kuria wrote:
> Hi, my linux machine crushed and my postgresql 6.5 database was corrupted.
>
> I have /var/lib/pgsql/data intact, When I reinstalled Linux in a new
> machine, Can I copy this directory back in the new postgresql database, and
> will it work, because I have tried to do that but it did not work.
>
> Note: I had not backed my data so no pg_dump done , how else can I recover
> the data please do advice, I have /var/lib/pgsql/data directory which
> contains the databases, but how do I make the databases work please do
> assist thanks again

You must install a copy of PostgreSQL 6.5 to match your database.  Later
versions of PostgreSQL will not work with it.

Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
     "Let your character be free from the love of money,
      being content with what you have; for He Himself has
      said, "I will never desert you, nor will I ever
      forsake you."
                              Hebrews 13:5