Re: redhat 7.3 problem

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: redhat 7.3 problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 22:58, Edgar Castanedo wrote:
> I just installed redhat linux 7.3. During the initial installation, I had it
> install postgresql. After I su as postgres, I then run the command 'psql
> template1'. At the psql command prompt, I try to run various command, but
> none of them work. When I hit enter, the command line just opens up another
> line and my command is lost into infinity.
>
> Any ideas why this is happening?
>
> Nothing works. I cannot run select statements.... Nothings....

SQL statements/commands are multi-line.  They must be terminated by a
semi-colon (;).  It sounds as though you have forgotten this...

You can also use \g  (enter \? for help on psql internal commands).
Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
     "I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto
      me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an
      horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet
      upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath
      put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God.
      Many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the
      LORD."                 Psalms 40:1-3