Re: graphical interface - admin

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: graphical interface - admin
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I'd love to see this as much as anyone, but if you're going to do it imo
the main feature most people would be interested in is some type of ERD
diagramming that can also be used for database administration (yes,
basically a clone of M$ Access, but with more native support). This is
the one thing I'd really like to add to phpPgAdmin, but the web isn't
the best medium for those types of things, and quite frankly I haven't
had the time to really look into it. OpenOffice comes close with it's
graphical query builder, but afaik it doesn't quite have the ability to
layout tables/relationships as well. Last time I checked PGAccess was
lacking in this area as well. If your serious about starting another
project I'd strongly recommend you search on sourceforge first as there
are several projects there than can help you out. You should definitely
take a look at dbdesigner, which is a KDE based (and I'd assume C++)
admin tool that has postgres support. Stand on the shoulders of others
right?

Robert Treat