Re: What popular, large commercial websites run

От Tom Jenkins
Тема Re: What popular, large commercial websites run
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 09:34, Fran Fabrizio wrote:

> That's not much and didn't go very far in exciting my management but
> that's all I could come up with.  It's quite possible that either it's
> not being used by many large commercial corporations (at least in the
> US) or that those corporations are not going to admit that for whatever
> stigma they feel is associated with using open source software.

We're a consulting firm doing a lot of work for various agencies in the
US Fed Govt.  All of our projects have at least one PostgreSQL database
involved.  These are either the main database repositories or the db
behind the web server for reporting purposes.

Even though Oracle is the preferred dbms for the US govt, these project
managers love it when we show them the cost savings for using pg.

i know that the following agencies/projects are using pg for some part
of their work:
US Agency for International Development (USAID) - Dept of State
Inter-Agency Working Group (IAWG) - Dept of State
DisabilityDirect.gov - Dept of Labor
General Services Administration (GSA)
Terrorism Awareness - Dept of State

--

Tom Jenkins
Development InfoStructure

Сообщение: Re: What popular, large commercial websites run PostgreSQL?
Сообщение: Re: What popular, large commercial websites run PostgreSQL?