Re: Linux user www-data has no access to amphora2 DB

От David Stanaway
Тема Re: Linux user www-data has no access to amphora2 DB
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 12:32, Denny-Schierz wrote:
> Hi pgsql-admin,
>
>  i want to install the amphora2 light groupware software under Debian Woody
>  with pgsql 7.2.1. I have to restore a dump into the amphora2 DB that
>  i created before.:
> -----------------
> testlinux:/home/amphora2/inst# su  www-data -s /bin/bash -c 'psql amphora2 < amphora2.0.dump'
> -----------------
>
> but postgres tells me:

Does www-data exist as a postgres user?

I have tried to reproduce your problem, but I can't.

I don't have a password for www-data so I use sudo:

dstanawa@ciderbox:~$ sudo -u www-data psql -c "select version()"
template1
                                version
 PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.95.4
(1 row)

dstanawa@ciderbox:~$ tail -11 /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf
local        all                                           ident
sameuser
#host         all         127.0.0.1     255.0.0.0           trust
host         all         0.0.0.0       0.0.0.0             reject

# If you want to allow non-local connections, you will need to change
'reject'
# to 'crypt' or some other suitable authentication method.  (Debian
postgresql
# is not built with Kerberos authentication enabled.)
# To allow TCP/IP access, even from localhost, the postmaster must also
be
# started with the -i option or the option TCPIP_SOCKET must be set in
# /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf.

dstanawa@ciderbox:~$ cat /etc/debian_version
3.0

> -----------------
> psql: FATAL 1:  IDENT authentication failed for user "www-data"
> -----------------
>
> my pg_hba.conf:
>
> local        amphora2   ident           amphora
> local        all                                           ident sameuser
> host         all         127.0.0.1     255.0.0.0           ident sameuser
> host         all         0.0.0.0       0.0.0.0             reject

Anyway.. you probably want to restore the database as a super user (EG:
User Postgres) The dump script should have

\connect - "www-data"
statements in it.   It also may have some
\connect - "postgresql"
statements too. which could cause problems as user www-data

--
David Stanaway

Вложения