Re: I18n & Pgaccess ( & psql)

От tony
Тема Re: I18n & Pgaccess ( & psql)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 14:53, Tille, Andreas wrote:

> > OK so check out DBvisualiser or some other Java tool for them.
> Thanks for the hint.  Seem to be nice.  On the other hand it is a
> quite restrictive License and no source available.  Moreover it
> does not actually help in the case of international characters
> in select statements :-(((.

I was looking for a tool for a client who is moving away from commercial
software so the livence didn't bother me (the client is a not for
profit). If you set your locale correctly for Java the characters should
work. (they do on my Mac test client)

> Moreover it does not seem to have the functionality like pgaccess
> to just edit certain fields in a table.  I just can't believe that
> people do not miss something like Access for Linux ...

True

> > There are several Java tools in the techdocs.posgresql.org site
> Any certain link on this page?  I even missed the DBvisualizer (please
> note the 'z' instead of 's' in your quote). and found it using Google
> search.

Ah! I have been living in France for 25 years so the 's' and 'z' thing
is quite common... I have played with Druid and SQL4X (Mac OS X and
commercial).

Open question:

Has anyone on the list compiled pgaccess themselves with the correct
locale?

Cheers

Tony Grant

--