Re: problems with postgresql 10.1 hba_conf on fedora 27

От support-tiger
Тема Re: problems with postgresql 10.1 hba_conf on fedora 27
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 12/20/2017 06:33 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
On Wednesday, December 20, 2017, rob stone <floriparob@gmail.com> wrote:

> local    all   all       postgres                peer
>
> host    all    all       127.0.0.1/32         md5
>
> host    all    all       ::1/128                  md5
>
> now gives error on restart and we cannot find the  log file

"local" is for socket connections, yet you have an address of
"postgres". How did this function in the past?

Sorta, but correct enough.  Local lines and host lines have differing numbers of columns.  As written the auth-method is "Postgres" with auth-option of "md5" (i.e., there is no address column for local) which is simply wrong.  Whether it's an email typo or the actual file...

bingo!  Thks - should be "local all postgres  peer"  (how many times we looked at this and didn't see it  (:   But if this setup is not good, we would like to know what it should be - our case is for accessing from Ruby app using pg gem on same server (at least for now)

No, the docs for understanding  hba_conf are not good (yes we can read and are fairly smart)  - we made suggestions the last time for several case examples and were ignored - okay, simplicity of  pouchdb/couchdb  is getting our attention

I suspect it's possible we used to ignore malformed lines whereas now we error...

David J.

--
Support Dept
Tiger Nassau, Inc.