Re: Fw: --fast switch

От Jeff Self
Тема Re: Fw: --fast switch
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Are you talking about inserting a lot of data at one time? If so, drop
the index on the tables involved before inserting. You may also want to
turn fsync off as well.

On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 12:27, Jodi Kanter wrote:
> Did my message below make it out to the list? or is it that no one has any idea what I am referring to? If not, could
someonepoint me to ways to improve insertion time. I am vacuuming regularly.
> thanks
> Jodi

switchto me but I cannot seem to find any documentation on it.

--
Jeff Self
Information Technology Analyst

От: Joel Burton
Сообщение: Re: Dropped table screws referential integrity?
От: "Zhang, Anna"
Сообщение: vacuum error