Re: suggested RAID controller for FreeBSD 6.1 +

От Ron Peacetree
Тема Re: suggested RAID controller for FreeBSD 6.1 +
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Adaptecs RAID controllers as all underwhelming.

The best commodity RAID controllers in terms of performance, size of available BBC, connectivity technologies (all of
IDE,SCSI, SATA and FC are supported), etc are made by Areca.

Get one of Areca's RAID controllers that hold up to 2 GB of BBC.
ARC-11xx are the PCI-X based products.
ARC-12xx are the PCI-E based products.

Reviews at places like tweakers.net
Areca is based in Taiwan, but has European and US offices as well

Ron Peacetree