Re: VACUUM FULL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: VACUUM FULL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Brian McCane <bmccane@mccons.net> writes:
> I INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE approximately 300,000 records per day, but this
> number is increasing on a daily basis as I make changes which improve the
> performance of my data gathering tools (spiders ;).  Two days ago, it had
> reached the point where a search for a 3-word term (ie. free news servers)
> took about 60 seconds.  I have just spent 48 hours running a VACUUM FULL
> on my table, and now the same search takes < 10 seconds.

I would have to assume that the change is due to a change in plan, and
not directly due to VACUUM having compacted out a small part of the
space.

Did you do VACUUM ANALYZE, or just plain VACUUM?  When was the last time
you did VACUUM (or ANALYZE) on this table?  What plan is being used now?
Do you have any idea what plan was used before?