Re: "external indices" ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "external indices" ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> I believe that this is what Oleg et al tap into with the tsearch2 stuff,
> no?  I have someone asking me about it, and want to make sure that I'm
> telling him the right answer ... is this what GiST is?

Better ask what he means by "external" exactly.  I think I've heard some
people use the phrase "external index" to mean any index that's not
actually part of the table itself; which makes all our index types
"external".  (As a counterexample, imagine a table that is itself
organized as a btree.)

Сообщение: Re: Fast reference without an index?
Сообщение: Re: Fast reference without an index?