Re: ubuntu 9.04 and auto-start

От John Cheng
Тема Re: ubuntu 9.04 and auto-start
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The same way you add any other service in Ubuntu :)

To add a service, use

update-rc.d <servicename> defaults

In your case, it sounds like your servicename is postgresql, so you'd have

update-rc.d postgresql defaults

Try this URL:

http://ubuntu.wordpress.com/2005/09/07/adding-a-startup-script-to-be-run-at-bootup/

----- Original Message -----
From: "johnf" <jfabiani@yolo.com>
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 6:25:22 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [GENERAL] ubuntu 9.04 and auto-start

Hi,
I have installed postgres 8.3 and it runs if I manually start postgres.  That
is to say I '/etc/init.d/postgresql start' as root. Runs perfectly.

But if I restart the computer postgres does not auto-start.  I've done a
little research but did not see anything that jumped off the page to tell me
how to get postgres to auto-start.  On openSUSE there is a utility under YAST
that allows the user to check postgres to auto-start.  I can't find the same
in Ubuntu 9.04.

So how do I auto-start Postgres on Ubuntu 9.04?
--
John Fabiani