Re: Debugging features needed

От Boboc Cristi
Тема Re: Debugging features needed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    You are right, it is too much work to do. For the moment application_name will suffice!

Best regards, Cristi Boboc

On Friday, November 5, 2021, 06:15:53 PM GMT+2, Vijaykumar Jain <vijaykumarjain.github@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 7:46 PM Michael Lewis <mlewis@entrata.com> wrote:
For my purposes, app name isn't long enough so we put a comment at the start of every SQL that has a unique ID generated in the application. This ensures that we can tell one connection apart from another even when both are coming from the same feature/action (applicationName is set to this) even using connection pooling. Before, we had different requests reusing the same pid of course and if they happened to have the same appName, we didn't know it was a new process on app side.

While researching options,  I did see crunchy proxy using annotations to split read/write. But I was not sure if any of these options fit well with multiple toolings , drivers etc.

The other option was

or writing your custom plug-in for envoyproxy filter for postgresql

So basically it was adding one more layer in between the already connection pooling layers via pgbouncer.
The biggest concern is when we use ssl, these session params cannot be read unless we terminate ssl at the proxy, and then decode,  so I gave up :)