Re: Substituting Checksum Algorithm (was: Enabling Checksums)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Substituting Checksum Algorithm (was: Enabling Checksums)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> On 2013-04-26 13:11:00 +0200, Florian Pflug wrote:
>>> The unresolved code issue that I know of is moving the compiler flags behind a configure check. I would greatly
appreciateit if you could take a look at that. My config-fu is weak and it would take me some time to figure out how to
dothat.

>> Do we necessarily have to do that before beta? If not, let's concentrate on getting the basic path in, and let's add
thegcc-specific compiler options later.

> If we want them we should do it before beta, otherwise we won't notice
> problems that the flags cause (misoptimizations, problems on compiler
> versions, ...). So either now or in 9.4.

Yeah, beta1 is the point in the cycle where we have the most leverage
for discovering portability problems.  We should not be leaving anything
involving configure tests as "to fix later".

Сообщение: Re: Recovery target 'immediate'
Сообщение: Re: Recovery target 'immediate'