Re: Is it considered good practice to use stored procedures formost tasks?

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Is it considered good practice to use stored procedures formost tasks?
Дата
Re: Is it considered good practice to use stored procedures for mosttasks?  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-novice
Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> For sure do not allow your application to touch directly tables, use views and sp,
> lately I'm abandoning views for table functions.

As far as I know, a table function result is materialized on the server,
and you have to wait for the query to finish before you can retrieve the
first row.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: Is it considered good practice to use stored procedures for most tasks?
Сообщение: Re: Is it considered good practice to use stored procedures for most tasks?