Re: latest libpq5 package conflicts with Redhat package

От Evan Rempel
Тема Re: latest libpq5 package conflicts with Redhat package
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
No. I'm not trying to install 9.2

Welcome to the way that Redhat releases an OS and keeps everything at
the same "version number" for the life of the OS. They backport all
security patches, but the version stays the same. I have no choice in
the version or the packaged libraries that Redhat provide.

Since the Redhat postgresql-libs package contains the extra libraries it
is likely that some other tool in the Redhat package set will depend on
these libraries and will break.

Evan.