Re: Fix error handling in be_tls_open_server()

От Sergey Shinderuk
Тема Re: Fix error handling in be_tls_open_server()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 28.08.2023 18:12, Jacob Champion wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 24, 2023 at 6:25 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>> LD_PRELOAD is the only thing I can think about, but that's very fancy.
>> Even with that, having a certificate with a NULL peer_cn could prove
>> to be useful in the SSL suite to stress more patterns around it?
>
> +1. Last we tried it, OpenSSL didn't want to create a certificate with
> an embedded null, but maybe things have changed?

To embed a null byte into the Subject, I first generated a regular
certificate request in the DER (binary) format, then manually inserted
null into the file and recomputed the checksum. Like this:
https://security.stackexchange.com/a/58845

I'll try to add a client certificate lacking a CN to the SSL test suite.

--
Sergey Shinderuk        https://postgrespro.com/