placement of stored procedures and contrib modules

От Michael Gould
Тема placement of stored procedures and contrib modules
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
We were trying to use a separate schema to put contrib modules, stored
procedures and triggers from our database schema.  We called the one where
we stored all of the modules isscontrib and the other iss which is where the
db is stored.  We've fully qualified the names of our items from isscontrib
and have also included that schema in the search path.

Our goal is to eventually mark isscontrib as execute only.  Is there any
restrictions to having objects in a separate schema?  We are using the
citext contrib module. It doesn't appear to work when it's in the isscontrib
module.  We don't get any error messages however we also don't get the
results we are looking for, namely case insensitive search results.

However, if we move the contrib module to the public schema, everything
appears to work fine.

Best Regards

Mike Gould
--
Michael Gould, Managing Partner
Intermodal Software Solutions, LLC

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: kind of RULE on SELECT depending on existence of a WHERE condition
Сообщение: Re: kind of RULE on SELECT depending on existence of a WHERE condition