[HACKERS] Deprecate floating point timestamps.

От Jim Nasby
Тема [HACKERS] Deprecate floating point timestamps.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Over in the "Keeping pg_recvlogical's "feTimestamp" separate from
TimestampTz"...

On 2/17/17 12:15 PM, Tom Lane wrote:> I am not sure that it was really a good design to pretend that the> replication
protocolis independent of --disable-integer-datetimes> when the underlying WAL stream most certainly isn't.

Ok, I'll open the can of worms...

- Should replication be changed to obey --disable-integer-datetimes?
- Should we consider formally deprecating FP timestamps, starting with
no longer supporting SR?

While #2 may sound rather severe, I'm wondering if a different datatype
for timestamps stored as floats would ease that pain.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)