Re: Installing 9.6 RC on Ubuntu [Solved]

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Installing 9.6 RC on Ubuntu [Solved]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/13/2016 06:17 PM, Steve Crawford wrote:

>         In case it is useful for reference, I beat my head on it a bit
>         more and
>         replaced "main" with "9.6":
>         deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/
>         <http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/> xenial-pgdg 9.6
>

>     Yes, that is an FAQ item:
>
>     https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ
>     <https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ>
>

> Yes, but to quote Douglass Adams, "It was on display in the bottom of a
> locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the
> door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard'."

And now it is not, which was the purpose of the link. To show other
folks that run across this thread where to go to get information.

> If I might be so bold, one or more of the following would make life
> easier on users and perhaps get more people to test:
>
> 1. Change the wording in the main postgresql.org <http://postgresql.org>
> announcement to be "Download RC1" and link directly
> to https://www.postgresql.org/download/snapshots/
>
> 2. Bring non Red Hat releases up to parity.
>
> By way of example, from the snapshots page clicking on the link under
> Red Hat (and variants) takes you to http://yum.postgresql.org/ page
> where 9.6 beta is right at the top. From there all you have to do is
> select your release of choice.
>
> By comparison, follow the https://apt.postgresql.org/ link under Debian,
> Ubuntu Linux and you are redirected to the wiki where, if you are
> fortunate, you will find "Have a look at the FAQ." nestled about
> half-way down then dig through that page. I never got there but figured
> it out by clicking through the file browser after wasting time seeing
> lots of 9.6 utilities/addons already listed but broken due to the lack
> of availability of the actual server and client.
>
> I know this is open source. I know that people work on their "itch" or
> what their employer sponsors. I'm just sharing the user experience
> should it provide value and increase the number of testers.

About the 'itch' thing, it is a Wiki so you have the ability to scratch
that itch. You can sign up for a community account:

https://www.postgresql.org/account/signup/

and then:

NOTE: due to recent spam activity "editor" privileges are granted
manually for the time being. If you just created a new community account
or if your current account used to have "editor" privileges ask on
either the PostgreSQL -www Mailinglist or the PostgreSQL IRC Channel
(direct your request to 'pginfra', multiple individuals in the channel
highlight on that string) for help. Please include your community
account name in those requests.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: select date between - PostgreSQL 9.5
Сообщение: Re: select date between - PostgreSQL 9.5