Re: Is there something like a limited superuser to give to a db-assistant?

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Is there something like a limited superuser to give to a db-assistant?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 25 Říjen 2013, 3:53, Andreas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I give adb-assistant the rights to create and drop schemas,
> tables, views ... BUT keep him out of certain existing schemas and tables?
>
> This position of an restricted db assistant is new for us and it wasn't
> considered in our access rights until now.
>
> Our DB got a wee bit komplex with about 400 schemas and 5000 tables.
> So it would get rather ugly having to alter the rights for every
> db-object one by one manually.

Hi Andreas,

I think you should read this:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/sql-grant.html

You don't need superuser privileges to create schemas and so on, and by
definition "superuser" means "unrestricted". Just create a regular user
and grant him CREATE on the database. You may also grant him access only
to selected schemas/tables.

regards
Tomas