Re: Trouble setting up Streaming Replication with Barman

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: Trouble setting up Streaming Replication with Barman
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 2019/11/22 7:07, Evan Walter wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to set up streaming replication with barman, going down the tutorial.
>
> When I run/ I get:
>
> $barman receive-wal --create-slot pg
>
> ERROR: Cannot connect to server 'pg'

 > $cat /etc/barman.d/pg.conf
 > [pg]
(...)
 > streaming_conninfo = host=<my-pg-server-ipaddress-here> user=streaming_barman dbname=postgres

(...)
 > $nano /etc/postgresql/12/main/pg_hba.conf
(...)
> host all streaming_barman  <my-barman-ipaddress-here>/32    md5

The "streaming_barman" user should be a user with replication permissions
(if not already set, execute "ALTER USER streaming_barman REPLICATION")
and appropriate permission granted in "pg_hba.conf":

   host replication streaming_barman  <my-barman-ipaddress-here>/32    md5

> The Barman Server (logged in as barman): ###############################
> $psql -c 'SELECT version()' -U barman -h <my-ipaddress-here> postgres

Check the replication connection works with:

   psql -c 'IDENTIFY_SYSTEM' 'host=<my-ipaddress-here> dbname=postgres user=streaming_barman replication=1'

Regards

Ian Barwick

--
  Ian Barwick                   https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/