Re: Dying PostgreSQL backend

От otisg
Тема Re: Dying PostgreSQL backend
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

Unfortunately, I cannot get PostgreSQL to dump core despite setting ulimit -c to:
[root@linux2 otis]# ulimit -a
core file size (blocks) unlimited

And starting PostgreSQL this way:
su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl -D $PGDATA -p /usr/bin/postmaster start"

The backend doesn't want to dump core, it just dies and restarts, dies and restarts.
I am really running only 2 very similar UPDATE statements. They update the same table, changing only a few fields.

I tried running VACUUM ANALYZE more frequently, but that didn't make any difference.

Is there any other way that I can get more information out of postgres backend?

Thanks,
Otis
Sign up for FREE iVillage newsletters.