Re: SMP buffer management test question

От lsunley@mb.sympatico.ca
Тема Re: SMP buffer management test question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks

Well I tried it out and on OS/2 using 8.0 it has the same problems as on
Linux, with two clients running on a dual PIII 750 both CPUs go to 100%
and the system is madly switching between the two processes. With a
single client, about 35% CPU is used.

Should the new buffer manager patch eliminate this behaviour? That is what
I gathered from the discussions.

Lorne

lsunley@mb.sympatico.ca