Re: Cannot connect remotely to postgresql

От Willem Buitendyk
Тема Re: Cannot connect remotely to postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2012-01-19, at 10:10 AM, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

> On 19/01/2012 17:27, Willem Buitendyk wrote:
>> I have 8.2 installed on 64bit windows 7.  I have no problem making a
>> local connection.  However, when I make changes to pg_hba.conf such
>> as add:
>>
>> local all all trust
>
> What is the exact error message you're getting?
>
> Did you restart the server after changing pg_hba.conf?
>
> Also, I don't think "local" rules do anything on windows - you need to
> add a "host" rule as the connections are over TCP/IP (though I could be
> wrong).
>
>> I still cannot connect through a VPN.  On a hunch that my pg server
>> was not using the config files in "C:\Program Files
>> (x86)\PostgreSQL\8.3\data"  I changed the port in postgresql.conf to
>> 5433 and restarted the server.  After doing this I am still able to
>> connect the server using "psql -h localhost -U postgres -d xxx"  I am
>> assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that I shouldn't be able to do this.
>
> That does seem odd - you should need the -p option for anything other
> than the standard port.
>
> Is there any chance that you have more than one installation running on
> the machine, and the other one is listening on port 5432?

There is only one service listed.  If I try the following:

C:\Users\Willem>postgres -D "C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\8.3\data"

I get:

2012-01-19 10:48:06 PST LOG:  loaded library "$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dl
l"
2012-01-19 10:48:06 PST LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: No error
2012-01-19 10:48:06 PST HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 543
3? If not, wait a few seconds and retry.
2012-01-19 10:48:06 PST WARNING:  could not create listen socket for "10.0.1.7"

There appears to be no other instance of postgresql running on my system other then the one.
I will try a restart without the service starting automatically and try a manual start next.