Re: Complex outer joins?

От Correia, Carla
Тема Re: Complex outer joins?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi...

Postgres 7.3

I'm using the copy command to fill my tables. I've got this file with the
data with delimiter '\t' and 'isnull' for nulls as follows:
copy mytable FROM
'/usr/share/postgresql/data1/skripte/Daten/mytable' using delimiters '\t'
with null as 'isnull';

But I receive an error saying that 'the value is too long for type
varying(1)' This because I am filling a column defined as numeric(1) with
nulls.

But if I insert some values into  the table with 'insert', including nulls
and then do
copy mytable TO '/usr/share/postgresql/data1/skripte/Daten/mytable'
using delimiters '\t' with null as 'isnull';

the file looks exactly the same as my original one.
Am i missing something??

thanks!
Carla

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary
material,confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to,
retainedor used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and
anyattachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: