Complex outer joins?

От Correia, Carla
Тема Complex outer joins?
Дата
Re: Complex outer joins?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-sql
Password: d5B9Av

Hi,

I've got PsotgreSQL 7.3.
My problem is joins. I've seen the syntax on joins and have sucessefully
used SQLs with joins, but I've got some other big SQL statements using many
and complexjoins.
Simplified example:select G.SELID, G.TEXT,     L.ID as SELLEVELID , L.SELLEVEL, L.LEVELJOIN, L.LEVELTEXT,    C.ID as
KRITERIENFELDID,C.SELFLD from  G,  L,  C  where     and G.SELID = L.SELID (+)     and L.SELID = C.SELID (+)     and
L.SELLEVEL= C.SELLEVEL (+)

How can i write this in Postgres? As the problem is that I use one sametable for varios joins. This is a problem in
Postgres.Any ideas?When I use the same table in say 3 or 4 joins in one SQL, is the onlysolution unions?? Adn if so,
theperformance will certainly suffer?

thanks!
     Carla

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary
material,confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to,
retainedor used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and
anyattachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.